KTM Duke 790 To Launch In Nepal In 2020
After a lot of rumours, KTM has officially revealed that the much-awaited Duke 790 streetfighter will be launched in Nepal on 2020. The twin-cylinder street bike has been spied several times ahead of its official launch and as per the latest set of spy images, the upcoming motorcycle has reached at one of the KTM dealerships in India.
According to one of the KTM dealers, the brand will be introducing the Duke 790 in the Nepalese market at a price tag of around 20 lakhs. As far as the on-road price in concerned, it is expected to hover around 20 lakh. Powering the KTM Duke 790 is a 799cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 2-cylinder engine that is capable of churning out a maximum power of 105HP at 9000rpm and a peak torque of 87Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission.
The suspension duties on the streetfighter are handled by 43mm WP USD (Up Side Down) forks at the front while the rear features a WP monoshock suspension. The KTM Duke 790 gets disc brakes at either end mated to a dual-channel ABS unit by BOSCH. Here are the key technical specifications and features of the model of the Duke 790.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs:
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame